Ask Tax Question
My Husband And I Want To Live In The UK Half Of The Year And Spain The Other Half Of The Year. What Tax Considerations Will Be Involved...
User Photo Jane Swain
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

if you spend six months of the year in the UK you are likely to be UK resident under UK tax laws. however i suspect that spending six months in Spain will make you resident there as well under Spanish law. You will...   Read More
What Countries Have The Best Tax Treaties With The United States?
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

The U.S. has tax treaties in effect with 46 countries. Most of these countries have a provision that provides an exemption from U.S. tax on certain types of income received by students and scholars. Treaties are...   Read More
If I Leave The UK To Work Abroad Under A Contract Of Employment For More Than A Year, Am I Treated As A Non-resident? What Are My Reporting...
User Photo Jane Swain
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

If you leave the UK for the purposes of full time employment abroad and do not visit to carry out any duties in the UK other than "merely incidental" duties then you will be regarded as non resident from the date...   Read More
I Have A Small Business With Less Than 20 Employees And Have Been Told That My Company Qualifies For A Health Insurance Tax Credit. Can...
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

You are referring to the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit. This credit began in 2010. This credit is allowed for a small employer to purchase health insurance for all your employees. This credit was created...   Read More
Am I A Resident Or Nonresident For Tax Purposes?
User Photo Gary Carter, PhD, MT, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The rule under Sec. 7701(b)(5) of the Code says that a J-1 visa holder is treated as an "exempt individual" (a nonresident) for two calendar years, only if the individual was not an exempt individual (a nonresident)...   Read More
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Seventeen states are establishing healthcare exchanges, now referred to as marketplaces. The other states will have exchanges set up by the federal government. Premiums will vary. In CA insurance rates, as a...   Read More
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

You must file an 83(b) election within 30 days of the date you received the restricted stock. The election must be made with the specific IRS office where you file your annual tax return, and you must include a...   Read More
User Photo Patrick O'Hara , EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 retroactively renewed this tax credit effective January 1, 2012, expiring again on December 31, 2013. Any qualified equipment installed in 2012 or 2013 is eligible for this...   Read More
User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The recently enacted tax law does extend the $250 educators deduction for teachers. Any amounts over the $250 can go on Schedule A, as unreimbursed employee expenses, assuming you itemize on your return.   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder

User Photo David Hughey, EA, MAcc

Longview, Washington, USA

Tax Consultant/Tax Advisor


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Chad Hatalla

Rheinfelden, Switzerland

Senior Tax Manager

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password
Contact Us Today