Ask Tax Question
Is It Possible To Track The Status Of An IRS Amended Tax Return?
User Photo Kathryn Morgan
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

It is now. The IRS just opened a new page that allows you to check the status of your amended return. Here is a link;   Read More
I Just Received A Notice From My Health Insurance Company On The Affordable Care Act (ACA) Which Calls For Taxes To Be Paid By Health Care...
User Photo Trenna Morris
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) is available for you, if you meet the general requirements that will help save you money through out the year by paying 27.5% of your health coverage premiums for you. You must...   Read More
I`ve Been Informed The Current CSL (Compulsory Superannuation Levy) Has Increase This Year Already Is That Correct? Can Someone Clarify...
User Photo Anthony Campisi
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

My understanding is that on July 1, 2013, the first of the proposed incremental increases to Superannuation will come into effect. The change will lift the Superannuation Guarantee charge rate to 9.25% for the 2013/...   Read More
Is The Upper Age Limit For Super Contributions Changing This Financial Year?
User Photo Anthony Campisi
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

From July 1, 2013, the upper age limit for Superannuation contributions will be abolished. Therefore employers will be required to contribute to the complying super funds of eligible mature age employees aged 70...   Read More
What Tips Can You Provide That Will Help Me Prevent Identity Theft During Tax Time?
User Photo Kelly Estep
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

if your using an online tax service from some research on the company, if you pick one, make sure it's a secure site....If you go to a tax pro...again, check with the BBB if you have a question, or go to...   Read More
What Is The Taxpayer Advocate Service?
User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is a special unit within the IRS which is responsible, besides other things, at helping taxpayers who are hitting a dead end for some reason when dealing with a tax notice or audit....   Read More
How Do I Handle A Loss From A Partnership Interest That Turned Out To Be Worthless?
User Photo John Dundon, II EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Wizard

Generally speaking pass through the loss up to your basis at the time of dissolution with the remainder forfeited. Sorry ...   Read More
What Is The Difference Between A Limited Liability Corporation( LLC) And A Partnership?
User Photo Dan Selner
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The a partnership, you do not have a choice on how the business is taxed. With an LLC, it can be taxed in several ways: partnership, S-Corp or Corporation. The method you choose will affect how the business is...   Read More
What Is The Extension Due Date For A Tax Partnership Return In 2013?
User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

A partnership return is generally due on the 15th day of the fourth month following the date its tax year ended. For a calendar year taxpayer this is April 15th. There is the ability to get an "automatic"...   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today