Ask Tax Question
What Are The Benefits Of Incorporating In Delaware If I Am Operating Out Of Another State?
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Your own state may have more strict rules and regulations for corporations, and higher tax rates, than Delaware. Procedures for incorporation in Delaware are more simple than most other states. The right to...   Read More
I Have An Opportunity To Work In Hong Kong And Am Wondering How My Compensation Will Be Taxed?
User Photo Robert Ferguson
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

As a US Citizen you have the opportunity to pay no US taxes. Primarily, if you are out of the country for a full year there is little or no federal or state income tax owed. The best way to understand what is and...   Read More
A Friend Told Me That I Can Write Off My Service Dog. Is That Really True?
User Photo Robert Ferguson
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Probably. If the animal is associated with a health issue then it would be a medical deduction and subject to the 7.5% limitation of gross income before being able to deduct the animals costs. But the dogs costs...   Read More
At What Age Are My Children No Longer A Write Off On My Individual Tax Return?
User Photo Robert Ferguson
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

18 or 24 depending if they are attending college and you paying for it or signing the FAFSA forms associated with the student loans. If the child is disabled the child could be a dependent for life. If they are...   Read More
User Photo Chuck Heyde, CPA, CGMA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Wizard

There is a lot to it. Here are some summaries: Chuck Heyde, CPA Expatriate Tax Specialist www....   Read More
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Basically, you can deduct Salaries and wages (other than Partners), Guaranteed payments to partners, Repairs and maintenance, Bad debts, Rent, Taxes and licenses, Interest, Depreciation, Depletion (except oil and...   Read More
User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The caveat about getting an extension is that it is an extension TO FILE and NOT an extension TO PAY. When you file your extension, which generally will allow you to file an individual tax return as late as October...   Read More
0 0 Extension
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

The Federal gift tax form is Form 709. The State gift tax depends on the state you reside in. Not all states have a gift tax law.   Read More
0 0 Gift Tax

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder

User Photo David Hughey, EA, MAcc

Longview, Washington, USA

Tax Consultant/Tax Advisor


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Chad Hatalla

Rheinfelden, Switzerland

Senior Tax Manager

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password