Ask Tax Question
What Is A Tax Deductible Expense?
User Photo Edward Bender
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Simply put, a tax-deductible expense is one that is recognized by the IRS as being an expense for the purpose of producing income wis subject to tax. Different types of businesses have varying deductions specific...   Read More
Can I Deduct The Cost Of My Membership Subscriptions If They Are Related To Marketing My Business Services?
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

If your memberships are paid to professional or trade organizations they are deductible against business income.   Read More
If I Am Offering Stock In My Small Business Do I Have Investors Fill Out A W-9 Form?
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Form W-9 is used to request that payees furnish a correct Taxpayer Identification Number. The form can also be used to get certification from payees that they are not subject to backup withholding. The answer is...   Read More
0 0 W-9 Form
Do I Need A Federal Employer Tax ID Number(FEIN) For My Home Business?
User Photo Conrado Mangapit, EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

If you are a sole proprietor filing a Schedule C and have NO employees subject to federal/state income tax withholding, social security and medicare withholding you will not require a federal employer tax...   Read More
What Is Self-Employment Tax And Is This In Addition To Other Taxes I Pay As A Small Business Owner At The End Of The Year?
User Photo Gary Carter, PhD, MT, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Self-Employment tax is Social Security and Medicare tax for self-employed individuals. The rate is 13.3% of your self-employment net income for 2012 (10.4% for Social Security tax and 2.9% for Medicare tax)....   Read More
What Is The Percentage That A Person Will Get Audited This Year? I Hear The IRS Hired Many New Auditors In Order To Increase The Number Of...
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

The IRS hired 15,000 new auditors for the purpose of enforcing the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) The numbers for 2013 regular audits of individuals and businesses will not be much more than last year. IRS may...   Read More
0 0 Audit
What Are The Top Tax Return Audit Flags For The Self-employed?
User Photo Patrick O'Hara , EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Your chances of getting audited depend alot on your business form and the type of business you operate. For instance, a Schedule C sole proprietorship is more lkely to get audited than a partnership or corporation...   Read More
User Photo William Keats
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

It does not usually make a difference whether you use the standard deduction or itemize, unless the itemized deductions are out of line when compared to the income. Otherwise, your chances of an audit are lower...   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Devon McCarthy FCCA, EA

Sanford, Florida, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Chad Hatalla

Rheinfelden, Switzerland

Senior Tax Manager

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

User Photo Kat Jennings CEO

La Jolla, California, USA

Founder/TaxConnections CEO

User Photo Dr. Daniel Erasmus

West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

Managing Partner/EMEA

User Photo David Hughey, EA, MAcc

Longview, Washington, USA

Tax Consultant/Tax Advisor

User Photo Jorge Otoya

Cleveland, Ohio, USA


User Photo Cecilia Scutaru Andor

Charleroi , USA

Tax Preparer / Notary / Signing Agent

User Photo Mary Beth Lougen EA USTCP

Virginia, USA

President and Founder

User Photo Darren Sanford

Memphis, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Dan Gordon

BANGKOK, Thailand


User Photo Barry Fowler

Houston, Texas, USA


User Photo Kelly Estep

Vancouver, Washington, USA


User Photo James Sutton, CPA, Esq

Tampa, Florida, USA

Florida Sales Tax Attorney

User Photo Bernice Brightbill

Los Angeles, California, USA



Battle Ground, Washington, USA


User Photo David Gadberry

Houston, Texas, USA

Tax manager

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password