Ask Tax Question
Should I Sell My Small Business Prior To The End Of December 31, 2012? What Are The Tax Benefits Of Selling A 5M Company By Years End...
User Photo David Neidhart
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Simply, the capial gains tax is set to increase from 15% as of Dec 31, 2012 to about 20-25% in the next year. This will occurr if Congress does nothing and the Bush tax cuts expire. Popular belief however, is...   Read More
For A Visa Holder Living In The U.S., How Do I Determine My Residency Status For U.S. Tax Purposes?
User Photo Gary Carter, PhD, MT, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Your residency status is based on the substantial presence test, which takes into account the number of days you have been present in the U.S. during the current year and the two previous years. Certain visa...   Read More
To What Extent Does The Conducting Of Clinical Trials In The EU By Unrelated Parties Subject A US Drug Manufacturer To Permanent...
User Photo Harry-Todd Astrov
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

. Absent specific facts, here are some general comments (not legal advice). The evaluation of whether a PE exists is done on a country-by-country basis and depends on whether there is a tax treaty between the U....   Read More
When You Are In The U.S Armed Forces Are There Any Special Tax Benefits?
User Photo Wilbert Guilford
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

There are tons of special tax benefits for military members. Normally only items called 'Pay' are taxed. Items known as benefits are not normally taxed. Also, if in a Combat Zone, even one's Military Pay is not...   Read More
How Do I Value The Loss Of My Business As A Result Of A Hurricane?
User Photo David Neidhart
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

This can be a very complicated matter. However, the basic principle is that you can claim as a casualty loss the change in the fair market value of your company from the date before the loss to the date of the...   Read More
What Happens If I Sell Property I Inherit By December 31, 2012?
User Photo David Neidhart
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

This would depend on whether the property is kept as investment property or converted to personal property (such as a house) by living in it for 2 of the last 5 years. Your basis in the property would be the fair...   Read More
User Photo Patrick O'Hara , EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Questions on filing status and exemptions can become complicated, because proper determinations depend on a variety of factors. Detailed information may be found in IRS Publication 501. In order to claim...   Read More
User Photo Ray Gering
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

This is a great question, and seeing as how the R&D credit is commonly reviewed during an audit, I'm glad to see that you're thinking ahead. We have had a lot of experience in reviews, with small, mid and large...   Read More
User Photo Abraham Itani, CPA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The normal filing day for US personal income is April 15th of the following year. There are exceptions to this rule, if the 15th of April falls on a weekend day (Sat. or Sun) it will be Monday. There is also,...   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo Kathryn Morgan

Bossier City, Louisiana, USA

Enrolled Agent, Master Tax Advisor

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Devon McCarthy FCCA, EA

Sanford, Florida, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA



Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

User Photo Dr. Daniel Erasmus

West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

Managing Partner/EMEA

User Photo Jorge Otoya

Cleveland, Ohio, USA


User Photo Kat Jennings CEO

La Jolla, California, USA

Founder/TaxConnections CEO

User Photo Cecilia Scutaru Andor

Charleroi , USA

Tax Preparer / Notary / Signing Agent

User Photo Mary Beth Lougen EA USTCP

Virginia, USA

President and Founder

User Photo Darren Sanford

Memphis, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Dan Gordon

BANGKOK, Thailand


User Photo Barry Fowler

Houston, Texas, USA


User Photo Kelly Estep

Vancouver, Washington, USA


User Photo James Sutton, CPA, Esq

Tampa, Florida, USA

Florida Sales Tax Attorney

User Photo Bernice Brightbill

Los Angeles, California, USA



Battle Ground, Washington, USA


User Photo David Gadberry

Houston, Texas, USA

Tax manager

User Photo Howard Liebman

Brussels, Belgium


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password
Contact Us Today