Ask Tax Question
What Is The Scope And Application Of The Final Treasury Regulations Governing IUS R&D Tax Credit Claims?
User Photo Peter J. Scalise
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

On October 3rd of 2016, the Internal Revenue Service (hereinafter “the Service”) issued Final Treasury Regulations setting forth guidance on research and development efforts in connection to Internal Use...   Read More
Colorado Department Of Revenue Asks Supreme Court "Should Quill Be Overturned?".
User Photo Alan Smith
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

No! Overturning Quill Corporation v North Dakota, 504 U.S. 298 (1992) would mean retailers throughout the United States would have to collect, report and remit sales tax for all other states with a sales tax even...   Read More
Would Like To Amend 2015 Tax Return By Lowering Spouse (general Partner) SE Amount From Passive Rental Income And Adding That Amount To...
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Anytime an amended return is filed, there is the possibility of an audit. Amended returns are not processed by computer but are examined by hand. The IRS agent is not limited to reviewing the changes, so he/she may...   Read More
0 0 Amendment
If I Have NOLs For Two Years In A Row And Elect To Carry Forward Both, Do I Enter The Sum Of Both On Line 21 Of Future Years' Return Or...
User Photo John Dundon, II EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Wizard

GrEAt question. The answer is a little bit more complicated than line 21 of form 1040. I'd like to draw your attention IRS Form 1045 Schedule A (page 3) found here ->   Read More
Mother Deceased, Everything Transferred To Children Before Death, Nothing In Her Name, Any Tax To Be Paid?
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Since she had no assets at death, there her estate should not have any tax liability. Depending on the amount of assets transferred to the children, and the timing of those gifts, there may be a gift tax issue....   Read More
0 1 Gift Tax
If Foreign Parents Make A Donation To A US Resident Child, Does Any Tax Apply?
User Photo John Dundon, II EA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Wizard

Gift tax is based on country of origin for the party making the gift. US Resident Aliens are not subject to tax on gifts received.   Read More
Did The Service Recently Issue A New Audit Techniques Guide Governing TPR Compliance?
User Photo Peter J. Scalise
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Yes, the Internal Revenue Service (hereinafter “IRS”; or “the Service”) recently issued on September 14th of 2016 an Audit Techniques Guide (hereinafter “ATG”) governing Tangible Property Regulations...   Read More
I'm The Treasurer For Our Local High School Chorus Booster Club - We Are Just Starting Our 501 C3 Process - Are We Eligible To File The...
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

Most likely you are eligible. The income threshold is the primary factor. The instructions to 1023Ez have a worksheet to determine your eligibility. The form must be completed online. The registration fee has...   Read More
IF A Shareholder Of A PFIC Did Not Receive Any Income During The Year From The PFIC And Is Not Reported Deemed Income , Does He Have To...
User Photo John Stancil
Tax Professional Level: Master Tax Advisor

The regulations regarding Filing of Form 8621 are rather complex, Without additional information, I could not give you a valid answer. However, this flowchart can guide you to determine if you need to file. http://...   Read More

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Devon McCarthy FCCA, EA

Sanford, Florida, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

User Photo Chad Hatalla

Rheinfelden, Switzerland

Senior Tax Manager

User Photo Dr. Daniel Erasmus

West Palm Beach, Florida, USA

Managing Partner/EMEA

User Photo Kat Jennings CEO

La Jolla, California, USA

Founder/TaxConnections CEO

User Photo David Hughey, EA, MAcc

Longview, Washington, USA

Tax Consultant/Tax Advisor

User Photo Jorge Otoya

Cleveland, Ohio, USA


User Photo Cecilia Scutaru Andor

Charleroi , USA

Tax Preparer / Notary / Signing Agent

User Photo Mary Beth Lougen EA USTCP

Virginia, USA

President and Founder

User Photo Darren Sanford

Memphis, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Dan Gordon

BANGKOK, Thailand


User Photo Barry Fowler

Houston, Texas, USA


User Photo Kelly Estep

Vancouver, Washington, USA


User Photo James Sutton, CPA, Esq

Tampa, Florida, USA

Florida Sales Tax Attorney

User Photo Bernice Brightbill

Los Angeles, California, USA



Battle Ground, Washington, USA


User Photo David Gadberry

Houston, Texas, USA

Tax manager

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password
Contact Us Today