TaxConnections

Ask Tax Question
My Client Is Ex SA, Where He Contributed To A South African Retirement Fund. This Is Neither A Compulsory Or Employment Linked Pension Fund.
User Photo Claudia Ku CPA, CA, MBA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

It sounds like that the South Africa retirement annuities (“SARA”) that you have described are some kind of retirement arrangement established under the laws of South Africa. As such, any amounts received...   Read More
Is It Really Tax (in)efficient To Run A USA S Corporation As A US Cit Living As A P.R. In Canada?
User Photo Claudia Ku CPA, CA, MBA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

One of the key considerations is whether the corporation would be carrying on a business through a fixed place or permanent establishment (PE) in Ontario, Canada. If so, the Canadian taxes at the corporate level...   Read More
Claimed Single On Application For Canadian Child Tax Benefits, But I Just Found Out That I;m Classified Common Law Will I Loose The Benefit?
User Photo Claudia Ku CPA, CA, MBA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

The Canadian child tax benefit (CCTB) entitlement is calculated based on family net income, which in your case should include the net income (as reported on line 236 of the T1 return) of yours and your common law...   Read More
I Am A Canadian Who Owns 20% Of A US LLC Earning US Rental Income. The Other 80% Is Owned By Unrelated US Residents. Every Year I Get A US...
User Photo Michael Atlas, CPA, CA
Tax Professional Level: Tax Enthusiast

Definitely not! The LLC is not legally a partnership, and not treated as such for Canadian tax purposes. It is a corporation for Canadian tax purposes. Assuming that the other 80% is held by unrelated US residents,...   Read More

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Log into Tax Connections

Not a member?    Register Now For a Free Account
I've forgotten my password
Contact Us Today