Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

When the US Government talks about a tax payroll cut are they talking about a cut for employees, employers or both?

Payroll
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
William Keats
Payroll taxes, other than income taxes, include the FICA (Social Security tax) and the Medicare tax.
The FICA rate is 6.2% and the Medicare rate is 1.45%, for a total of 7.65%. This rate is the same for the employee and the employer. What affects one also affects the other. A self-employed person pays a rate of 15.3%.
Leave a Comment 412 weeks ago

 

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

INCREASE KNOWLEDGE WITH EVERY ISSUE OF TAXCONNECTIONS

 

Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today