Email Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

What are the estimated tax and tax return filing requirements for taxpayers earning income as an independent contractor and should I incorporate or establish a Limited Liability Company for that independent contractor activity?

Estimated Taxes Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) Independent Contractor
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
William Keats
Since there are penalties for non-payment of estimated tax, and since you are self-employed, it is recommended that you file these taxes. They are due quarterly, as follows: April 15, June 15, September 15, and the following January 15. The total of these payments would be shown on your personal return 1040, page 2, as an offset against total tax. If you have high-volume income I think an S Corporation would work best.
Leave a Comment 472 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today