Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

Sars refund for taxes paid when emigrating?

I have formally emigrated from South Africa and have now been told that I can claim a refund for SARS taxes paid on my retirement policies that I cashed in and transferred out of the country. I have googled this but cannot find any info. Do you have any info on this that you can share with me pls?

Thank you
SARS refund after emigrating
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Shirley (Suitao) Yang
Emigrated formally and transferred your RA savings abroad, I would assume that you have addressed all your taxes with (South African Revenue Service) SARS and have obtained a tax clearance certificate. The taxes you paid are according to the tax year’s withdrawal lump sum tax table.

The refund is a result of the reconciliation between what you have paid and what you actually owe. If you paid more than you owe, then you are eligible for a refund claiming.
Leave a Comment 273 weeks ago

User Photo
Question Owner
I have found my answer. It's the rst02 form. Thks
Reply 273 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil



User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

User Photo Monika Miles


San Jose, CA

User Photo Blake Christian

Tax Partner

Long Beach/ Park City, CA

User Photo John Richardson


Toronto, Canada


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today