Email Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

My son turned 18 in December last year,graduated high school in june this year, 2012 ,is joining the navy and leaving for boot camp in late November.Can I claim him as a dependent.

Credits & Incentives Dependent Dependents
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Kathryn Morgan
Since he was a fulltime student for at least five months during the year and (I assume) you provided at least half of his support for at least six months of the year then you may claim him as a dependent. Make sure when he files his personal return that he indicates that someone else claimed him as a dependent so noeither of your returns get kicked back. Good luck to him and tell him we are all proud of his service to our country.

USAF Retired and a Navy Brat
Leave a Comment 511 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today