Email   Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

My partner and I have a child and are both contributing to our sons care. Can we both file as head of household?

Head of Household
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Wray Rives CPA CGMA
Not if you only have one son. The individual who claims your son as a dependent on their tax return can file as HOH. The other parent would not be able to claim HOH as that parent would not be claiming the son as a dependent.
Leave a Comment 434 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today