Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

If a US Citizen starts a business in a foreign country and pays taxes to that country, does the earnings from that started entity have to be reported on their US 1040. The company is a foreign based corporation.

Foreign Based Corporation U.S. Citizen With Corporation In Another Country
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Robert Ferguson
Yes. There is no exception as to where the income is made as US Citizens are responsible for reporting their income no matter where it is earned. Whether or not tax is owed is another matter and can only be determined when reported.
Leave a Comment 315 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today