Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

If I were to exchange a foreign currency, in an amount that could be 8 figures,what must I do to have that be capitol gains and not personal tax? Should I use a trust for a business or a LLC?'

I am not a tax professional.
1025 Exchange Currency Exchange
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Kathryn Morgan
It depends. It's really got nothing to do with the fact it is being converted into USD. It has to do with where the money came from (not the location, how it became yours) and your residency status and if taxes were paid on it in a foreign country. Can you provide some more detail?
Leave a Comment 440 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today