Email Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

If I leave the UK to work abroad under a contract of employment for more than a year, am I treated as a non-resident? What are my reporting requirements?

Contract of Employment/Expatriate
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Jane Swain
If you leave the UK for the purposes of full time employment abroad and do not visit to carry out any duties in the UK other than "merely incidental" duties then you will be regarded as non resident from the date you leave the UK..
Whether you then have an on-going requirement to complete UK tax returns depends on what other income you have in the UK. For example if you rent your house out while you are away you will have rental income and will still need to pay UK tax and submit a UK tax return.
Leave a Comment 494 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today