Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

If I have bank accounts or other property outside the U.S., what U.S. reporting is required to be fully compliant with all U.S. laws?

Bank Accounts U.S. Reporting Property
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Abraham Itani, CPA
Basically you would have an FBAR filling requirement if the aggregate sum of your accounts exceed US $10,000 at any point in time during the year, you might have FATCA reporting too.

The other property need to discuss in detail to determine what kind of reporting would be required.

If you have not filled your FBAR for prior years, the IRS has its third amnesty program on going, if you need help please let me know.

I hope this answered your question.

Abraham Itani, CPA
Leave a Comment 466 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today