Email Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I was just made an offer of employment by a US multinational to work in the China subsidiary. Can I take my salary in the US if they allow it?

TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Chuck Heyde, CPA, CGMA
Yes, you can receive your pay in the US even if you are working in China.

FYI - regardless of where you receive your pay, you will be taxed in the US (assuming you are a US citizen) as well as taxed in China (assuming you earn the money in China.)

There are tax exclusions and credits available to you to help you avoid the double tax effect. You can read about them here -
Leave a Comment 523 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today