Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I received a social security benefit in one lump sum that covered several prior year benefits. Do I need to report this to the IRS?

social security benefits
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
William Keats
Yes, you report this for the year of receipt. However, there is a formula on the bottom of the social security worksheet that gives you a more favorable result.
Leave a Comment 428 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today