Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I have submitted both Federal and State returns and have received confirmation of acceptance. I just received a 1099G from the State showing a $319 refund from 2012 for my ex-wife and I. I am filing Divorced this year and I owe the State $288. Do I need to make any corrections to my returns?

TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
John Dundon, II EA
Presumably you filed 'Single' in 2013 and 'Married Joint' in 2012.  If so you are absolutely safest filing amended 2013 federal and state income tax returns reporting 1/2 of the 2012 1099-G taxable refund as additional income.
Leave a Comment 356 weeks ago

User Photo
R Darren Sanford, CPA, CGMA
Whether you need to include this as income depends on whether or not you itemized your deductions (Schedule A) on your 2012 return. If you did not itemize, you do not need to include this income on your return.
Reply 346 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil



User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo John Richardson


Toronto, Canada

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

User Photo Monika Miles


San Jose, CA

User Photo Blake Christian

Tax Partner

Long Beach/ Park City, CA


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today