Ask Tax Question

I have an online business in Hong Kong and all the operation is there. All payment is in USD. I use USA Paypal to receive customers payments then withdraw to USA California bank. When I come to USA once a while, I just do the wire transfer the balance to my Hong Kong bank. DoI need to pay usa tax?

The reason I am using USA Paypal is to avoid HK Paypal bad exchange rate for USD to HKD. I can only receive HKD when I use Paypal direct withdrawal to HK bank.

Thank you in advance.

Accountant Business
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
John Dundon, II EA
Are you a US Citizen or US Resident Alien (green card holder)? If so you need to report your world wide income to the IRS and pay tax on that world wide income.
Leave a Comment 45 weeks ago

User Photo
Question Owner
Thank you

I not US citizen nor US resident. I guess I don't need to report tax for USA?
Reply 45 weeks ago
User Photo
Manasa Nadig
From what you have posted, it looks like you have no obligation to pay US taxes.
Reply 42 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil

Lakeland, Florida, USA

Tax Advisor/CEO

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

New York, New York, USA

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Denver, Colorado, USA

Tax Director

User Photo Steven Potts JD EA IAR

Fullerton, California, USA


User Photo Caran Ebert, CPA

Topanga, California, USA

Tax Advisor

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

User Photo Randy Tarpey

Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA


User Photo Lisa Nason CPA, MST

Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Managing Shareholder

User Photo David Hughey, EA, MAcc

Longview, Washington, USA

Tax Consultant/Tax Advisor


Santa Clara, California, USA

Tax Principal - President

User Photo Bill Robinson, CPA

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA


User Photo Hugo Van Zyl

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)

User Photo Douglas Stransky

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Tax Partner, International Tax

User Photo Chad Hatalla

Rheinfelden, Switzerland

Senior Tax Manager

User Photo Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA

Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada

Tax Specialist

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today