Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I do surveys and videos to make extra cash in my spare time. How much can I earn before I have to file taxes?

I also receive Adult Child SocialSecurity Benefit of $600 under my dad. What if they don't give you a 1099 how do I report this?
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
John Stancil
Any amount of income from the activity is subject to income tax, so if your total income exceeds the threshold for filing you must file a return. An additional factor is self-employment tax. If your net profit as shown on Schedule C is over $400 you must file, complete Schedule SE, and pay self-employment tax. The filing threshold for 2015 is gross income of $10,300 if you are single and $20,600 if married fililng jointly. If they don't give you a 1099 in this case it is not likely taxable to you. The social security administration usually sends out a Form SSA-1099 for beneifts received.
Leave a Comment 288 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil



User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo John Richardson


Toronto, Canada

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

User Photo Monika Miles


San Jose, CA

User Photo Blake Christian

Tax Partner

Long Beach/ Park City, CA


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today