Email Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I am looking to expand my business to the US. Should I incorporate or expand with a branch operation? My residency is Canada.

Income Tax Administrative rules
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA
There is no exact answer as it depends on your projected income profile, business risk, assets used in the business and your goals on repatriation of profits, not to mention any state issues. Compliance fees will be greater the more elaborate the structure is. The key is to remember is, will Canada under the treaty provide full foreign tax credit so there is no double taxation. Watch out for the LLCs as Canada treats them as corporations, not flow through entities, on venturing into the US.
Leave a Comment 430 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today