Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I am an owner manager and own a CCPC situated in Ontario in Canada. I wish to transfer shares to other family members. Can I just issue the shares outright?

Canada Tax Audits & Planning
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Larry Stolberg, CPA, CA
No. You need to properly structure the authorized share capital of the CCPC and issue the shares in a manner not to confer benefits to you. Basically, you are looking at an estate freeze to accomplish your objective. You also need to consider a shareholders agreement and modifications to your Will. Ensure you have dual Wills to eliminate probate on your CCPC shares.
Leave a Comment 376 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil



User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo John Richardson


Toronto, Canada

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

User Photo Monika Miles


San Jose, CA

User Photo Blake Christian

Tax Partner

Long Beach/ Park City, CA


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today