Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

I am a student who is also working. If I make under $10,000 per year do I need to file a US tax return?

Student Filing Taxes
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Steven Potts JD EA
Assuming that you are single and under the age of 65, if you have earned in excess of $9,750 you must file a tax return. Be sure to coordinate with your parents, if you are still potentially on their tax return, to determine the claiming of the exemption and possible credits.
Leave a Comment 392 weeks ago

User Photo
Kelly Estep
Ok there are many questions to get to the bottom of this but the very simple answer is yes...if you are a W2 employee and you made more the $5950. If your are is under 24, there are special rules, that your parent(s) may take you and claim your income....If you want to comment back I can help you more.
Leave a Comment 392 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo John Stancil



User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo John Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

CEO/Certified Financial Advisor

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

User Photo Monika Miles


San Jose, CA

User Photo Blake Christian

Tax Partner

Long Beach/ Park City, CA

User Photo John Richardson


Toronto, Canada


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today