How do tax credit investments work?
Tax Professional Answers
- Corporate taxpayer repurposes tax payment reserves into qualifying tax credit projects
- Taxpayer receives tax credits, project cash flows and an exit payment
- Tax credit investors generate a return on their tax payments, thus boosting their after-tax income and lowering their effective tax rate
- Returns are predominantly uncorrelated with project performance – taxpayers earn the tax credits as long as the project maintains regulatory compliance.
- Enhanced has put into place an insurance policy to eliminate the compliance risk and, as such, allows a taxpayer to generate a yield on their tax payments without the risk of losing the tax credits
Meet Leading Tax Advisors
Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader
New York, NY
CEO/Certified Financial Advisor
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
San Jose, CA
Long Beach/ Park City, CA