Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

How can I apply for a foreign tax credit for foreign tax paid inside my IRA?

foreign tax credit
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Abraham Itani, CPA
Unless you have cashed out your IRA and paid US tax on it, you can not claim the foreign taxes that was withheld by foreign government. You can keep track of the foreign tax that was withheld on your IRA (with applicable supporting statements from your broker) and claim that credit in the year you pay US tax on the IRA withdrawal.

I hope that I have answered your question, if I can be of any help please let me know.

Abraham Itani, CPA
Leave a Comment 466 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today