Global Tax Liability of Hungarian Citizens
1) Is it correct that Hungary taxes its citizens even if they are no longer resident in Hungary?
2) And if this is correct are there any rules that allows for a reduction of the income tax?
3) For how many years back does this rule apply?
4) If a citizen has not declared an income for a number of years how many years back may the Hungarian tax authorities tax that person? Is there a statute of limitations?
5) If there is no way to reduce the income tax, is it possible to pay off the tax in instalments over a number of years?
6) The United States has the same tax liability of its citizens as Hungary, but the US allows a citizen working abroad and staying in the US for under 30 days annually, to deduct foreign income up to approximately 90.000 USD per year (foreign earned income deduction). Is there anything similar in Hungary?
I hope you will be able to send me a short reply to these questions.
Looking forward to your response.
Thank you in advance.
Tax Questions By Topic:
Meet Leading Tax Advisors
New York, New York, USA
Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader
Lakeland, Florida, USA
Denver, Colorado, USA
Fullerton, California, USA
Sanford, Florida, USA
Topanga, California, USA
Tyrone , Pennsylvania, USA
Greenville, South Carolina, USA
Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA
CEO/Certified Financial Advisor
Santa Clara, California, USA
Tax Principal - President
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Exchange Control & Master Tax Practitioner (SA)
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Tax Partner, International Tax
Toronto Mississauga Oakville Burlington Hamilton, Canada
Senior Tax Manager