Email Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

Do U.S. Taxpayers living abroad need to file a Form 3520 and Form 3520A?

Form 3520 Form 3520A
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Dan Gordon
The US tax law is not necessarily location specific so if you have Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts, then you need to file these forms accordingly. Without these there is not requirement to file these forms no matter where you live.
Leave a Comment 125 weeks ago

User Photo
John Richardson
It’s true. Many Americans abroad will no longer have to file Form 3520 and Form 3520A to report their lives abroad! Early indications appear that many Americans will (assume their retirement vehicle does qualify as a trust) be required to report on Form 3520. This new initiative from Treasury a positive step in the right direction.
I have long thought that Treasury could solve many of the problems experienced by Americans abroad. Here is a wonderful example of Treasury taking the initiative to clarify the obvious.
Read this article on the subject:
Leave a Comment 124 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today