Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

Do I Need An Attorney To Handle My Dad’s Estate?

Trust Estate & Trust
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Charles Woodson, EA
Maybe. If there is a trust then the successor trustee automatically assumes the responsibility (but may seek advice from an attorney). If there is no trust then the estate must be handled by a Probate Court. The California Probate Court is not very friendly to novice administrators (non-attorneys) and usually will require an attorney to represent the estate.
Leave a Comment 61 weeks ago

User Photo
Michael Cash
If you don't already know the answer is probably yes. Don't try to walk through a minefield without a map.
Leave a Comment 59 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo Peter J. Scalise

Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader

New York, NY

User Photo Blake E. Christian

Tax Partner

Long Beach/ Park City, CA

User Photo John L Stancil

Tax Advisor/CEO

Lakeland, FL

User Photo Blake Christian


Minneapolis, MN

User Photo John R Dundon, II EA

Tax Director

Denver, CO

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, CA


User Photo Monika Miles


San Jose, CA

User Photo John Richardson

Tax Lawyer

Toronto, Canada


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today