Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

Can we claim my wife's family (Mexican citizens) as dependents on our US federal and California state taxes if we've sent them money monthly?

My wife is a US permanent resident. I'm a US citizen. We send money monthly to help support my wife's family in Mexico. They're neither US citizens nor permanent residents. I hear that, even though they're not citizens, we can get them US ETINs and report them as dependents on our 2011 taxes. Is that true? What's the criteria for determining number of dependents?
Dependents Individual Mexico
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
William Keats
I do not think you can claim your wife's family as dependents.
Leave a Comment 420 weeks ago

User Photo
Rochelle Gross
The question was not completely answered. The reason why "he could NOT claim his wife family" was NOT addressed.
Reply 234 weeks ago

View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today