Email Contact Us

Access Leading Tax Experts And Technology
In Our Global Digital Marketplace

Please Type Topic Into Search Bar

Are U.S. shareholders of small businesses abroad subject to increased taxes?

Small Business U.S. Shareholders
TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Dan Gordon
US taxpayers are required report all their world wide income. Being a shareholder of any business domestic or foreign living in the US or abroad does not subject anyone to pay a US Income tax regular or increased. The US tax is an INCOME tax so the criteria is not ownership but was there any income as a result of the income, i.e. dividends etc. and if foreign tax was paid on that income then the Foreign Tax Credit can be used.
Leave a Comment 125 weeks ago

User Photo
John Richardson
Individual Americans abroad, who are shareholders in their small business corporations, are now subject to at least triple taxation on their active business income! Read this article:
Leave a Comment 124 weeks ago


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page

Contact Us Today