An attorney (single owner of S Corp) works from an office in his home. The S Corp reimburses the attorney for expenses (utilities, mortgage interest, property tax, insurance, etc.) for the office in the home. Is he also entitled to a reimbursement for depreciation?

TaxConnections Members... Answer This Question Want To be One of Our Tax Experts? Register Here

Tax Professional Answers

User Photo
Kazim Qasim, EA, CTC
Yes. You can complete form 8829, part III and bill the S Corp for 1/12 of the depreciation amount each month. You must have a letter form the S Corp stating that the home office is for the convenience of the employer. In addition, you can be reimbursed for auto related expenses.
Leave a Comment 57 weeks ago

User Photo
Rochelle Gross
This reply leaves questions. My question is how is he being reimbursed?" Is it with money, shouldn't he report the income as "other income". If he is not being reimbursed with money then he can take the deductions for Business use of a Home Office.
Reply 53 weeks ago

Meet Leading Tax Advisors

User Photo Kevin Johnson MS, JD, LL.M, CPA


Philadelphia, PA

User Photo Brian Weaver, CPA, MBA

Managing Tax Consultant

Des Plaines, IL

User Photo William Rogers, CFP, MBA, EA

Rancho Santa Fe, CA


User Photo Clinton J Donnelly, LLM

International Tax Advisor

Panama City, Panama

User Photo Jim Marshall, EA

President/ Tax And Financial Advisor

Scottsdale, AZ

User Photo Brett A Thompson, JD, CPA

Managing Tax Lawyer

Katy, TX

User Photo Charles Woodson, EA

Tax Advisor/Fiduciary Coach

San Diego, CA

User Photo John Richardson

Tax Lawyer

Toronto, Canada

User Photo Clifford Benjamin

Senior Tax Principal

Daytona Beach, FL

User Photo Kazim Qasim, EA, CTC

Managing Tax Advisor/CEO

Orlando, FL


View/Select our Current List of Tax Topics

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Previous PageNext Page



Learn from tax advisors, straight to your inbox

Update My Email Address
Contact Us Today