International Fiscal Association USA Branch
Type of Event
Location of Event
CLE and CPE will be applied for, including 1.0 Ethics CLE
Full Conference: $225 IFA Member / $325 Non-Member Single Day: $125 IFA Member / $175 Non-Member
Organization WebsiteInternational Fiscal Association USA Branch
IFA USA International Tax Conference
The IFA USA International Tax Conference – "The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – A Three-Year Review" will be held
December 16, 17, and 18, with a series of substantive sessions for a few hours each day on international tax topics, featuring prominent speakers from private practice and government. We have invited speakers from the IRS and Treasury and have developed what is sure to be a unique, interesting and informative program over the three days.
The panel sessions will include:
• The Role of Foreign Branches Post-TCJA
• Repatriation: How to Repatriate Earnings (and Cash) Post-TCJA
• Privileges and Penalties – Maximizing Your Protections and Minimizing Your Regrets (Ethics CLE)
• Current Developments OECD
• International Tax Controversy Panel (LB&I)
• Fireside Chat with David Kautter, Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy, U.S. Department of the Treasury (invited)
The program is designed to provide a forum and encourage an exchange of views between government and private sector panelists, and is designed for:
• Corporate tax executives responsible for international tax matters
• Law firm partners and associates working in the international tax area
• Accounting firm partners and managers working in the international tax area
• Members of the academic community interested in the latest technical developments in international taxation
• Government and other professionals working in international tax
Learning Objectives – At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Better understand technical aspects of recent changes in US tax rules in various specialty areas. Examples are BEAT, the FTC and GILTI.
2. Discuss what is coming from the OECD, other institutions, and tax authorities in other countries. Examples are BEPS, Pillars 1 and 2, BREXIT, implementation of the MLI.
3. Engage in effective tax planning for client and employers, especially re. dispute resolution, implementation of post-TJCA guidance, and reliance on tax treaties.